In this video the installation plan is completed and a new server in installed in Hyper-V using an ISO image of the Windows 2016 Server, multi-edition DVD. Installation questions such as partition details and whether or not to install the Desktop Experience are discussed with recommendations on how to answer them.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll be going through…the actual installation of a Windows 2016 server.…If you have just finished watching video one…in this chapter, then you'll have part…of this planning worksheet already filled out,…but before we start the installation,…we need to fill in three more columns.…First, we need to decide whether we're installing…a fresh copy of server 2016,…or if we're upgrading from an existing server.…It is preferred to do a fresh installation,…but there are some times in a production environment…that a server is already running with everything configured,…and you can't take it down.…
If you must choose to upgrade,…make sure that the previous server is completely backed up,…in case something doesn't go as planned,…and you need to punt the install to another day.…Upgrade is rarely your best option.…Since our installation will be a new file server,…we are going to choose not to upgrade.…Next, we need to decide whether…or not we want a desktop experience.…The desktop is what I will be using…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing from a disk or image
- Using the Desktop Experience
- Installing Windows Server from a network
- Working with command-line IPv4 vs. IPv6
- NIC teaming
- Managing roles
- Adding features
- Managing storage
- Working with virtual hard disks and remote volumes
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Install
2. Configure Network Environment
3. Manage Roles and Features
4. Manage Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.