Learn how to install the first domain controller in an Active Directory forest.
- [Instructor] Now that we've installed,…the Active Directory Domain Services Role,…you'll see here that right on the screen…it says there is additional configuration required.…And that configuration is to go through the second step…of this process which is to promote this server…to being a domain controller.…Now here in the Wizard,…it already gives you a link to do this,…we don't have to go anywhere else.…You'll see right down here, there is a link…that says Promote this server to a domain controller.…So I'm going to click on that now.…
What that does, is this opens up the Active Directory…Domain Services configuration wizard,…formerly known as DC Promo.…A quick sidenote, if you've done this in the past,…and you're just trying to get yourself up to date…on Windows Server 2019, DC Promo won't work for you.…So it's not that they just gave you a short cut,…but they kind of deprecated or they changed…the use of DC Promo.…So here, in this wizard, we need to determine…what type of Domain Controller we're going to install.…
- Installing domain controllers, including the AD DS role
- Managing AD DS with AD Administrative Center and the command line
- Transferring and seizing FSMO roles
- Adjusting permissions
- Creating users and groups
- Managing computer accounts
- Creating organizational units (OUs)
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
What you should know1m 35s
1. Installing Domain Controllers
2. Active Directory Administration Tools
3. Flexible Single Master of Operations (FSMO)
4. Active Directory Permissions
5. Managing AD DS Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.