Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Windows Server 2016, part of Windows Server 2016 New Features.
- [Instructor] When it comes to the actual interface…Windows Server 2016 has not actually changed that much…from Windows Server 2012.…So rather than just tell you that,…I thought it might make you a little bit more comfortable…if I were to go through the installation…of Windows Server 2016,…so you could see it for yourself…and really see that it's not that much different,…so that if you've already been using Windows Server 2012…you can feel pretty comfortable jumping right in…and playing with Windows Server 2016.…
Now to do this I have created a brand new virtual machine…on my computer,…it's right down here at the bottom of my list,…it's called Windows Server 2016.…And there's really nothing that I've done…to explicitly set up this machine,…other than I made sure that it had an emulated DVD drive…and I put the DVD image of Windows Server 2016…Technical Preview 5 into the drive.…So let's go ahead and start this machine…and well, let's see what happens.…
So as I power it on,…see it says Press any key to boot,…so I will press the Spacebar on my keyboard,…
- Recognize the fundamentals of installing Windows Server 2016.
- Explore the new features in Hyper-V.
- Identify the elements of Windows Server 2016 management.
- Determine what is new in AD DS.
- Break down the improvements made with AD FS.
- Examine the features of Storage Spaces Direct.
- Explore the components of software-defined networking.