Scott Burrell demonstrates simple command-line network tests to verify the requirements from the last segment prior to installing WSUS on Windows Server 2016. Once the requirements are satisfied, this video presents a walkthrough of the role installation with specific mention of security measures and possible delays.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to begin…the installation and configuration of Windows Server…Update Service.…So here I am, logged into a server…that's been installed in my network.…That is not joined to the domain.…And before we begin the installation…I want to do a couple of tests…just to make sure we've met the prerequisites.…I'm going to open a command prompt…by right clicking on the Start button.…And selecting Command Prompt.…And I'm going to run the command IP config…with the All Switch.…
And scroll back up.…I want to confirm the name of my server.…And I want to look at the IP address that's been configured.…I can tell, because it starts with a 10…that this is a private IP…and I'm on the inside of my corporate network.…Two other things we need to check.…So I'm going to scroll down.…And I'm going to verify that we have connection…to the Internet…by pinging a website that exists…out on the Internet.…That worked.…My DNS to the Internet, and my connectivity…going out was successful.…
The other prerequisite that we talked about…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Staying up to date with WSUS
- Installing and configuring WSUS
- Monitoring Windows Server performance
- Scheduling monitoring
- Monitoring network usage with Message Analyzer
- Troubleshooting Windows Server with event logs
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Staying Up to Date with WSUS
2. Monitoring Server Performance
3. Monitoring Network Usage
4. Using Event Logs to Troubleshoot Windows Server 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.