In this video, learn how to install Virtual Machine Manager 2016 on a Windows 2016 Server. There are several things to do before you start the wizard such as creating new AD accounts. Then you can walk through the installation.
- [Instructor] In order to fully deploy all the features…of software-defined networking,…we need to use one of several products.…Just deploying virtual switching won't be enough.…The first option will be to use PowerShell scripts.…PowerShell scripts allows us to add ports,…port profiles, MAC pools and other topics…we're going to discuss in upcoming videos.…Many Microsoft certification tests…will require you to know some of these basic commands.…If you prefer to use a GUI,…then you can also use Virtual Machine Manager.…
This product makes it much easier…to create and manage software-defined networking,…but it does require the purchase of a product to do so.…We're going to demonstrate installing…Virtual Machine Manager in this video.…You can also do the same tasks…with System Center Configuration Manager.…There are comprehensive courses I've recorded…for both of these products in the library…you can view at your convenience.…Let's take a look at how to install Virtual Machine Manager.…There are many different prerequisites…
Note: This course is the first of two that will cover SDN in a Server 2016 network. This course maps to the SDN deployment objectives in Exam 70-745.
- Planning an SDN
- Configuring a Hyper-V switch
- Creating network objects in Virtual Machine Manager
- Creating IP pools and VM networks
- Creating logical switches and uplink ports
- Configuring an edge gateway
- Creating multitenant VMs