- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Timothy Pintello and welcome to Installing, Configuring and Administering Active Directory. Because Active Directory is the core of all administration and management activity for Windows-based networks, it's important to understand how it is used to organize computers, users, groups and other objects. To help you become more familiar with Active Directory, I'll be covering several important topics. First, we'll look at adding, promoting and removing domain controllers which are essential for Active Directory.
Next, we'll take a good look at Active Directory objects including computers, users and organizational units. Finally, I'll walk you through the creation and management of groups which will help you organize and maintain all your Active Directory objects. So, if you're ready, let's dive in.
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.