Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Install and configure WDS, part of Windows Server 2012 R2: Deploy, Manage and Maintain Servers.
- [Voiceover] The first step to using…Windows Deployment Services would be…to install the role service itself.…To demonstrate this, you need to be on a member server.…So a server that is a member of a domain.…So I'm going to go onto a server that I have here…called MEMBER1 which is a member of our domain.…Here in the the Server Manager,…I'm going to select to Add roles and features,…because Windows Deployment services is a role.…This takes us into the Add Roles and Features Wizard.…Here I have a Before you begin screen,…which we always get on a new machine,…which tells us the basic overview of certain things…you should pay attention to before installing a role.…
I know this machine has been set up properly…so I will go ahead and click Next.…It is a Role Based Installation, so I can click Next.…Here we choose the server we want to install on…and we are going to install it locally…here on MEMBER1, so I can just click Next.…And then here we get the list of roles…that we can install and if I scroll down…to the bottom of the list you'll see here…
- Installing and configuring Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Creating and deploying images with WDS
- Implementing patch management with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Reporting with WSUS
- Monitoring the performance of servers