The initial configuration of the Web Application Proxy role in demonstrated in this video. Proper selection of accounts and certificate are discussed.
- [Instructor] In a previous video,…we installed the Web Application Proxy service…of the remote access role on this work group server.…The server is connected to the same internet…as our active directory domain and our AD FS server,…but this server is not a member of the domain.…Before we installed the role service,…we installed the certificate of the AD FS farm…onto the server, so that it can be trusted…as a proxy for AD FS for functions…that include device registration and other things.…
And if your AD FS farm certificate came…from a universally trusted certificate authority,…you could move on.…But for my demonstration, I used a certificate created…by my own PKI.…So right now, my standalone server doesn't know for sure…that it can trust its own certificate.…So I need to install the root certificate…of my certificate authority and specify…that it is a trusted root certificate authority.…
I place that certificate in my Documents directory,…and I can install it similar…to the way I installed the AD FS cert.…I'm going to double click on the HotelRootCA,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing and configuring AD FS
- Configuring multi-factor authentication
- Integrating Azure, Office 365, devices, and Microsoft Passport
- Implementing Web App Proxy (WAP)
- Installing and configuring AD Rights Management Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: High Availabilitywith Robert McMillen2h 22m Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: File Serviceswith Ed Liberman1h 53m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure Active Directory Federation Services
2. Configure Authentication Policies
3. Implement Web Application Proxy
4. Install and Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.