Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Group Policy Update, part of Windows Server 2016: Implementing Group Policy.
- [Instructor] One of the first steps to troubleshooting…Group Policy problems, is understanding when and how…Group Policy objects get updated out on the clients.…So I want to look at a few different things with you here,…and in order to do this, let's jump over to our domain…controller, DC1.…Here in the server manager, let's go up to the Tools menu,…and select Group Policy Management.…Now, the first thing that I want to show you,…is I want to show you the default settings,…as far as how often Group Policy objects update,…as well as see how to modify that, if you'd like to.…
So to do this, I am going to just expand down to our…Group Policy Objects container, so I can select…any Group Policy object, right-click, and edit it.…So we get into our Group Policy management editor.…And here, under both the computer and the user…configuration, we have settings to take a look at.…So first, let's look under the User Configuration.…If I expand out Policies, and then expand out my…Administrative Templates, I'll dig deeper into the…
Review the complete set of objectives for exam 70-742, Identity with Windows Server 2016, at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-742.aspx.
- Creating Group Policy objects
- Understanding inheritance
- Adjusting Group Policy preferences and settings
- Running Group Policy update
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Adjusting security settings and policies