Learn how to access the deployment log files.
- When job status logs don't cut it when it comes to…the amount of information we need,…we can use the deployment log files.…This can assist us in any job when a software-defined…networking project has failed.…We can get to the deployment log files…by going into File Explorer.…From here, we'll go to This PC, C drive, Windows,…and then we'll go down to the temp folder.…So, we're all the way down to here it says vmmservice…and we can pick any of the jobs logs we'd like.…
Let's go ahead and double click on this first one,…the Data Helper and we can see the date and time.…We can see various information, such as the exception…and it gives us a lot of information that we can…then copy and paste into doing a search online…as to find out what happened.…If we go to Edit and we do a Find we can type in words like…error and we go down, we see Error and from here we can see…the location and we can see other information…that will help us do a search to figure out…what's going on.…
One of the problems with Virtual Machine Manager…
Note: This course is the second of two that cover SDN in a Server 2016 network. This course maps to the SDN deployment objectives in Exam 70-745.
- Determining usage scenarios
- Virtual Machine Manager
- Downloading a service template for the HA gateway
- Copying and importing a script to a library
- Creating a Scale-Out File Server
- Creating a cluster
- Configuring deployment
- Navigating to the job status logs
- Accessing deployment log files