Windows Server 2019 directory service gives you the ability to assign specific administrative privileges to non-IT administrators. In this video, learn how to delegate administrative control to specific users and groups.
- [Instructor] Sometimes we find ourselves in a situation, … where you may need to give certain individuals or groups … some level of administrative control, … but you don't want to make them full-blown administrators. … Well, I'm going to show you here how you can delegate … individual privileges to users and groups. … To do this, I want to connect to a domain controller, … so I have one here called LH-DC-1. … Here in the server manager, I'm going to go up … to the tools menu and I'm going to select … Active Directory Users and Computers. … Here in Active Directory Users and Computers, … I'm going to expand my domain, and going to click … on the users container, where of course we can see … there are some builtin groups and users … that have been created. … And so what I want to do is I want to go ahead and give … one of my users a certain privilege over this container. … Now, in the real-world you would most likely … have a whole hierarchal structure … of organizational unit containers, and you would click on …
- Implementing the Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Protecting your servers from malware
- Common network threats
- Implementing IPsec
- Securing file services
- Delegating privileges
- Configuring account lockout policies
- Managing advanced audit policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019: Implementing Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 25m Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
1. Server Hardening
2. Secure the Network
3. Secure File Services
4. Manage Privileged Identities
5. Configure Advanced Audit Policies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.