Learn how to create a new Active Directory domain and forest, and what that means to the HA gateway being created to protect the virtual environment.
- [Instructor] We are in one of our gateway servers,…and if your gateway servers are going to be publicly facing,…so facing the internet, then what we need to do…is we need to create a bastion forest.…So a bastion is basically a fortification…or almost like a firewall…between the outside and the inside.…And we need to do this in order to protect…our virtual machines just in case anyone…hacks into our server, they'll only have access…to the bastion domain, which has no rights…to our virtual machine domains.…
I already have Hyper-V installed on this particular server,…so we'll go ahead and open it up.…And I've created a server which we're calling BastionDC.…So I'll go ahead and double click on that.…And from here, we'll go ahead and install…under add roles and features…the active directory domain services…and we'll create our bastion forest.…So I'll click on Active Directory Domain Services…and go through the various different menu items…until it's installed, and then we'll do our promotion.…
Our feature's been installed, let's go ahead and close it.…
Note: This course is the second of two that cover SDN in a Server 2016 network. This course maps to the SDN deployment objectives in Exam 70-745.
- Determining usage scenarios
- Virtual Machine Manager
- Downloading a service template for the HA gateway
- Copying and importing a script to a library
- Creating a Scale-Out File Server
- Creating a cluster
- Configuring deployment
- Navigating to the job status logs
- Accessing deployment log files