Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating organizational units, part of Installing, Configuring, and Administering Active Directory.
- Now that you're done familiarized with organizational…units, let's go ahead and talk about how…you'd go about creating an organizational unit.…Again, like with users and computers,…there are two tools you can use to do this.…The two tools are Active Directory Administrative Center…and Active Directory Users and Computers.…Let's go ahead and look at how to do it in the…Active Directory Users and Computers.…When you click on this tool and bring it up…you come over here to the random domain…then we can right click the random domain…and click new.…
One of the options for creating a new object…in the random domain is the organizational unit.…So go ahead and click organizational unit,…and this brings up a name for this organizational unit.…We can set this organizational unit to be protected…so that it cannot accidentally be deleted…or we can un-protect this so it can accidentally be deleted.…Let's go ahead and protect it, for this case.…Let's go ahead and call this organizational unit…org unit two.…
I chose org unit two because there's already…
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.