Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating local users using User Account Control Panel applet, part of Creating and Managing Group Policy for Windows Server 2012.
- View Offline
- When creating local users and groups,…Windows Server has two tools we can use,…since we are creating local users we need…to be on a local computer or…in this case a stand alone server.…So for this demonstration I have brought up…the stand alone server, server one.…Now, the first tool for creating a local user…is the User App found in the Control Panel.…So let's come down here to our Control Panel,…we can right click the Start button, call the Control Panel,…and click that, this will bring up our basic Control Panel,…and Categories view.…
For users, we can come here and click User Accounts,…and then we can click the User Accounts again,…and this brings up the User Accounts tool.…To create a new user, we need to come down here…to the Manage Another Account, click on that,…and this brings us a tool that shows us…each of the users that are already on this local computer.…As you can see we have an Administrator, a Guest,…and a User 1.…We want to go ahead and add another user.…So to add another user, we come down here…
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.