Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating local users and using Local Users and Groups MMC snap-in, part of Windows Server 2012: Create and Manage Group Policy.
- The second tool for creating local users and groups…is the Local Users and Groups MMC snap-in.…The way we get to that is again come down here…to our start button, right-click Run,…enter MMC and click OK,…and this brings up our console.…We can come over here to the File option on the console…and click the Add Remove Snap-in,…and then scroll down here to Local Users and Groups.…We can double-click that, go ahead…and take the default setting of the local computer,…click Finish and then click OK.…
This brings up our Local Users and Groups snap-in.…If we open this up we'll see we have a Users option…and a Groups option.…Under the Users option you'll notice we have…the Administrator, Guest, User 1 and User 2…that we just created.…To create a new User, all you have to do…is come over here and right-click Users,…and then click New User.…This opens up our New User box.…You'll notice the New User dialogue box looks very similar…to the one we used previously under Active Directory.…
That is because it is essentially the same tool…
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.