Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating groups, part of Installing, Configuring, and Administering Active Directory.
- Now we've talked about Groups…let's go ahead and look at how you would create Groups.…You can create Groups the same way…you would create Users or Computers,…and you can use the same tools as well.…You can either use…the Active Directory Administrative Center tool,…or the Active Directory Users and Computers tool.…I'm gonna use the Active Directory Users and Computers tool.…We can click on that and bring up the tool…and then we want to go ahead and open up…our domain, randomdomain in this case.…And look at our Users.…Generally, Groups go into the same Users node…as your Users do.…
So let's go ahead and click on the Users node…and then right click it,…and choose New.…Once we click New we can then choose Group.…Now, we can create any kind of Group we want.…We can create Domain Local, Global, or Universal Groups…and we can also make them Security or Distribution.…In this case, let's make a few Groups…to look at what kind of groups we can make.…So first, let's make the Global Group PublicInformation.…We'll make that a Global Group.…
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.