Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating computer objects, part of Windows Server 2012: Install, Configure, and Administer Active Directory.
- Now, let's go through the process…of creating a Computer Object.…You create Computer Objects in a very similar way…to the way we created User Objects.…We also use the exact same tools.…Let's go up to our Tools menu…and first we'll look at the Administrative Center.…Now I have the Administrative Center up…let's go ahead and click on our domain over here on the left…and this brings this up.…In this case, before we create a User…using the Users Object,…now we want to come up here to Computers…and use Computers to create a Computers Object.…
Let's go ahead and double click Computers.…Double clicking Computers brings up this screen.…You'll notice that the screen is blank right now…that is because we do not have any Computers…created for this domain right now.…So let's come over here to the New option…over here on the right and click that.…Now, let's go down and instead of clicking Users…let's click Computers.…When you click Computers,…we bring up the Computer Creation tool.…While this tool looks similar…to the User Creation tool, if you look closely…
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.