Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating GPOs from security templates, part of Windows Server 2012: Create and Manage Group Policy.
- Now that we've talked about using…Security Templates to make group policies,…let's go ahead and walk through the steps of doing that.…Now remember, to create a group policy using…security templates is a two step process.…In the first step, we have to open up an MMC.…Once we open up an MMC, we need to come over here…to File, Add/Remove Snap-In,…and then we need to come down here…and add our Security Templates snap-in.…We can double-click that and then we can click OK.…
Now you'll notice we have a Security Templates tool here.…If we open up this bottom template, we'll notice that it is…Users/Administrators/RANDOMDOMAIN/Documents/…Security/Templates.…This is where we want to go ahead…and create our Security Template.…The way we create a Security Template is,…we can right-click it and then choose New Template.…In this case, let's go ahead and just…call our new template Workstation.…So now we can type Workstation and then click OK.…
And now you notice the Workstation template appears…under the directory that we looked at earlier.…
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.