A taskpad is a special type of view in the Microsoft Management Console which allows you to create a simplified version of an administrative tool. In this video, learn how to create a custom MMC with a taskpad view.
- [Instructor] Once you've decided to delegate … certain authority out to users … who are not actual administrators, … you may have to create a tool to allow them … to actually implement this authority that you've given them. … Here, I'm in Active Directory Users and Computers. … This is a tool an administrator would use, … but let's say that the user who we've delegated authority to … doesn't have access to this tool, … doesn't know how to use this tool, … isn't comfortable with the tool. … I'm going to show you how to create a very friendly tool … for a non-administrator user. … Let's go ahead and close out of here. … I'm going to click on the Start button … and I'm going to type in run, … which will just get me to the run line, … at which point I'm going to type in mmc and click OK. … Now this opens up a Microsoft Management Console. … You see we have a blank console here. … I'm going to go up the File menu and select Add/Remove Snap-in … and we're going to add in Active Directory Users and Computers. …
- Implementing the Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Protecting your servers from malware
- Common network threats
- Implementing IPsec
- Securing file services
- Delegating privileges
- Configuring account lockout policies
- Managing advanced audit policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019: Implementing Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 25m Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
1. Server Hardening
2. Secure the Network
3. Secure File Services
4. Manage Privileged Identities
5. Configure Advanced Audit Policies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.