Manage certificate templates in the CA tool to edit and duplicate certificate templates. Learn how to set security features, names, and issuance policies for certificates. Publish templates to make them available to be issued.
- [Trainer] Okay, we now have a running and configured…certificate authority in our domain.…There is now one thing that we'll do periodically,…and that is create templates for the different types…of certificates that we're going to issue.…Because Windows suggested and automatically installed…the tools for managing the certificate authority,…we can go to the server manager and select tools,…certification authority to do this.…When we expand the certification server…and click on certificate templates, we can see…the different types of certificates that our server…is prepared to issue.…
If everything you need is there, great.…But suppose you need an important one that's not there,…let's say a certificate needed for installing ADFS.…I can right click on certificate templates and select…manage to see the full list of available templates.…Not just the ones that we're currently prepared…to issue, but all those that Microsoft has given…us as a good starting point.…The ADFS certificate is very similar to the one…used by web server so I'm going to scroll down…
Note: The topics covered here map to the Configure Identity and Access Solutions domain for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 70-412, Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services. Use these tutorials to study for the exam.
- Implementing Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- Configuring AD FS authentication policies
- Configuring multifactor authentication
- Installing and configuring Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Creating certificate templates
- Configuring certificate authority backup and recovery
- Managing certificates, including templates and renewal
- Installing and configuring Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS)