Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring software restriction rules, part of Creating and Managing Group Policy for Windows Server 2012.
- Now we've talked a little bit about software restrictions,…let's see how we go about configuring software restrictions.…First, we need to come up here to Tools,…under here at the main controller,…and then come down and pick…the Group Policy Management tool.…Now we've got the Group Policy Management tool up,…we needed to choose which Group Policy we want…to set software restrictions on.…In this case, we'll go to the VistaECComputer…Group Policy we've been using all along,…and go ahead and Edit that.…So we can open it and Edit it.…Now we've got the Group Policy Management Editor…for our VistaECComputer Group Policy up,…we can come over here to Windows Settings,…Security Settings, and you'll notice here…under Security Settings, we have the option of…Software Restriction Policies.…
If we just double-click that, we get an error message.…The reason we get this error message is because…software restrictions by default…don't have anything in them.…However, if we wanna create a software security restriction,…we then have to come over here…
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.