Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring a global catalog server, part of Windows Server 2012: Install, Configure, and Administer Active Directory.
- The next topic we want to discuss…is the Global Catalog Server.…A Global Catalog Server is the index of all…Active Directory Directory Services objects…in a specific forest, which is made up…of a series of domains.…By having a Global Catalog Server,…you prevent the need of having to re-search…multiple domains for a single directory object.…Unfortunately, in a single domain environment,…Global Catalog Servers do very little.…While Global Catalog Servers do very little…in single domain environments,…in multiple domain environments, they are very important.…
To make the most effective use of Global Catalog Servers…in a multiple domain environment,…if your domain environment contains…multiple physical locations,…you should place a Global Catalog Server…in each one of them.…By doing this, it prevents domain controllers…from searching multiple domains…for a single directory object using…the slow WAN connection.…
- Recall how to remove a domain controller from a domain.
- Explain how to create users.
- Describe what’s needed to access a domain.
- Cite the role of the administrator.
- Identify the reasons for registering a domain controller.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.