Here you will learn how to configure which updates will be published to your network with choices of languages, supported Microsoft operating systems and applications, and the types of updates that can be distributed. This video also demonstrates how to time the downloads of updates to manage network usage.
- [Instructor] We start this segment with a Server…that is already installed, the WSUS Role…and IIS has been configured with an SSL Certificate…to protect Connections to this Update Server.…And DNS has been Updated so that clients…and other Servers can point to this Server…to receive their Updates…and this machine has not been joined…to the Active Directory Domain.…So let's go ahead and close the IIS Manager…that we left off in the last video…and on the Tools menu at the very bottom of the list…is Windows Server Update Services…so let's launch that Tool.…
And when it comes up initially…we might not see our Server in the list,…that's due to the SSL changes that we just made.…So we can select the Connect to Server link…and enter in the name of our Server,…and check the box for Use SSL, and Connect to our Server.…Once your Server has been added this Wizard will start.…First, you need to go ahead and verify these few points…and then we can continue to get started.…There is no requirement or personal benefit…to joining the Update Improvement Program,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Staying up to date with WSUS
- Installing and configuring WSUS
- Monitoring Windows Server performance
- Scheduling monitoring
- Monitoring network usage with Message Analyzer
- Troubleshooting Windows Server with event logs
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Staying Up to Date with WSUS
2. Monitoring Server Performance
3. Monitoring Network Usage
4. Using Event Logs to Troubleshoot Windows Server 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.