Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring DHCP options, part of Windows Server 2016: DHCP.
- [Instructor] After you have installed the DHCP server role…and you've created a scope for handing out…IP addresses to your clients,…the next thing that you want to think about…is setting up DHCP options,…which is additional configuration information…that you can hand out to the clients…besides just an IP address and a subnet mask.…So to demonstrate this I need to go onto a server…I have here called DC1 because this is the server…that already has the DHCP server role…and a scope that has been created.…
So here in the server manager,…I'm going to jump up to the tools menu,…and I'm going to select DHCP,…which will take us into the DHCP manager;…and I will expand this make it easier to see.…You'll see that we already have…a server that's being managed, DC1.…If I expand that under IP version 4,…if I expand that you'll see that we already have a scope…that's been set up for our Landon Hotel clients;…and I want you to also see that there is an item here…right underneath it that says Server Options.…
And if I click on Server Options,…
- Explore the features of DHCP through an overview.
- Recognize the steps of installing the DHCP server role.
- Break down how to configure DHCP scopes.
- Discover the elements of DHCP scopes.
- Identify the way in which a user configures DHCP options.
- Examine how to manage the DHCP database.
- Recognize the ways to troubleshoot in DHCP.