- Enabling network discovery and file and print sharing
- Sharing a folder
- Adding filer server roles
- Using the Server Manager wizard
- Setting up share and NTFS permissions
- Understanding effective rights and inheritance
- Applying shadow volume copies and NTFS quotas
- Installing and sharing printers
- Configuring remote server management
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Timothy Pintello. In this course, I'll introduce you to some of the basic services that are found in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and show you how to carry out basic installation and configuration of those services. In this course, we'll go over file and folder sharing, permissions, quotas and print and document services. We will also take time to discuss how remote server management can help you administer multiple servers from one centralized location. Along with discussing some basic Microsoft services, we'll also implement, configure and install those services and their dependencies in a virtual network environment using Virtual Box.
With Virtual Box, you'll configure multiple server 2012 virtual machines to enable the basic services discussed in this course. So let's get started with Configuring Basic Microsoft Services.
1. Configuring File Sharing in Server 2012
2. Windows Permissions
3. Printer and Document Services
4. Configuring Remote Management
Remote management tools8m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.