This segment shows the steps required to configure the server that has installed WSUS. You will learn how to apply an SSL certificate and modify the bindings in Internet Information Services (IIS) to maintain the integrity of updates. Importing certificates and updating bindings for a site are presented.
- [Instructor] In our last video, we saw Microsoft's…recommendation that we use SSL on our update server,…and we talked a little bit about why that is.…That's where we're going to start this segment.…We're going to be importing an SSL certificate…so that we can have those benefits on our update server.…So this is the update server where we left it…when the installation was complete.…I'm going to launch the tool menu from the server manager…and select the internet information services manager,…and we're going to apply a certificate to secure…the website that distributes the updates.…
You could obtain a certificate from a third party…certificate authority or if you have a trusted authority…in your own network, you can create your own certificate.…The importance of using a recognized certificate…authority is that the users connecting to the protected…site trust that resource.…If you're trying to build trust with people…outside your organization, it's important to use…a recognized, trusted, third-party certificate authority.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Staying up to date with WSUS
- Installing and configuring WSUS
- Monitoring Windows Server performance
- Scheduling monitoring
- Monitoring network usage with Message Analyzer
- Troubleshooting Windows Server with event logs
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Server Core for Windows Server 2012 R2with Mike Pfeiffer1h 37m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Staying Up to Date with WSUS
2. Monitoring Server Performance
3. Monitoring Network Usage
4. Using Event Logs to Troubleshoot Windows Server 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.