- [Voiceover] On a few different occasions…I've been asked is there anything…that can't be done with Group Policy.…The answer that I've given is,…for the most part, the answer to that…question is no, there is nothing that…cannot be managed using Group Policy.…Now it's not that I have this extreme…level of confidence that there's a…Group Policy setting for anything…and everything you could ever imagine.…The reason I say with confidence that…you can do pretty much anything…with Group Policy is because if there's…not a setting, well then you can probably…perform the customization or whatever the…action is you're looking to do by using a script.…
Group Policy gives us the ability to utilize scripts.…Now to demonstrate this, I am here on DC1…in our Group Policy management and inside our…Sales OU I have created a GPO called scripts.…Nothing has been done to this GPO.…It's a newly created GPO that's…just been given the name scripts.…I'm going to right click and select edit.…Now inside the Group Policy object…itself here on both the computer…
In this course, author Ed Liberman uses Windows Server 2012 R2 to demonstrate what Group Policy is and how to use it effectively. He shows how to configure Group Policy processing, adjust settings and preferences, and troubleshoot Group Policy problems and conflicts as they arise.
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Manage Group Policy domain for MCSA Exam 70-411, Administering Windows Server 2012.
- Configuring Group Policy processing
- Configuring inheritance blocking and enforced passwords
- Configuring security filtering
- Configuring loopback processing and slow-link processing
- Forcing Group Policy updates
- Adjusting settings and preferences
- Backing up Group Policy objects (GPOs)
- Managing software with Group Policy