Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure file screens & reports, part of Windows Server 2012 R2: Configure File Services.
- [Voiceover] The File Server Resource Manager…is a tool that is included with Windows Server 2012…which can assist you with capacity management.…It is broken down into five different areas…and one of them is called file screening.…File screening helps you to control what types of files…are allowed to be stored out on your servers.…And we're also gonna look at another area…of the file server resource manager called storage reports.…Storage reports shows you how the other areas…of the file server resource manager are performing.…
So for instance, if we set up a file screen,…we can also run a report…to see what files have been screened.…In order to demonstrate this, I would like…to go to one of my servers here called Member 1…which is a member server in our domain…that already has the file server resource manager installed.…Here on Member 1 we're looking at the server manager,…so I'm gonna come up to the Tools menu.…That's where I will find the file server resource manager.…Here in the file server resource manager…
Note: This course also maps to the Configure File and Print Services domain for Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSA) Exam 70-411, Administering Windows Server 2012. Review the exam objectives here.
- Configuring quotas
- Configuring file management tasks
- Configuring DFS namespaces and replication
- Encrypting files with BitLocker and EFS
- Implementing advanced audit policy settings