In this video, Scott Burrell demonstrates how to configure an ADFS Relying Party Trust to issue authenticating claims for accessing web applications.
- When we first configured ADFS, I presented…a scenario where a claim was being passed…to a separate directory.…The active directory of another domain.…But just as separate domains can be…configured to rely on claims, there are…web-based applications that can also be…configured to rely on a claim.…This allows us to make an internal website…available externally with better security.…And it takes advantage of relying party…trusts, just like the one we created earlier…with the Landon Cafe domain.…
Only now, we're going to create a trust…for a web-based application.…Let's take a look at one of these…claims-aware applications.…Here we are, back on our web server, where I've…installed a claims-aware application.…I picked this from the Windows Identity…Foundation SDK that's published and…available for free download from Microsoft.…And after I installed this application,…I ran a federation utility that came with it.…
And this fed util can be used to create…and maintain federation metadata.…It will create the file right in Inet Pub…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing and configuring ADFS
- Configuring multi-factor authentication
- Integrating Azure, Office 365, devices, and Microsoft Passport
- Implementing Web App Proxy (WAP)
- Installing and configuring AD Rights Management Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: File Serviceswith Ed Liberman1h 53m Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: High Availabilitywith Robert McMillen2h 22m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure Active Directory Federation Services
2. Configure Authentication Policies
3. Implement Web Application Proxy
4. Install and Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.