Here, learn how to begin configuring claims-based authentication by creating a claims provider trust in the AD FS farm in the domain that houses the application.
- [Instructor] One of the most common uses…of Federation Services is Claims-Based Authentication.…Claims-Based Authentication is a feature…that allows a user from one directory to access resources…in an entirely different realm.…A separate directory without the need…for duplicate user accounts between locations.…For example, if I was a user in the Landon Cafe domain,…and I need it to access a resource…in the Landon hotels domain, I would need…some means of identifying myself…as a trusted requester of the information.…
Landon Hotels has no knowledge of who I am.…But if they trust Landon Cafe to vouch for me,…I can be granted access to the resource.…The way Landon Cafe will vouch for me…is by handing the assigned token that claims my identity.…Let's look at one way this might play out.…I've used these companies as examples in other courses.…Landon Cafe is the independently owned…and operated restaurant located inside…each of the Landon Hotel locations.…
So there's a need for exchange between these two companies.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing and configuring ADFS
- Configuring multi-factor authentication
- Integrating Azure, Office 365, devices, and Microsoft Passport
- Implementing Web App Proxy (WAP)
- Installing and configuring AD Rights Management Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: File Serviceswith Ed Liberman1h 53m Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: High Availabilitywith Robert McMillen2h 22m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure Active Directory Federation Services
2. Configure Authentication Policies
3. Implement Web Application Proxy
4. Install and Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.