Audit policies allow an administrator to keep track of various events that take place on their network. In this video, learn how to configure audit policies.
- [Instructor] One very important thing … that you can do to help keep your network secure … is to actually have some level of awareness … of what's going on on the network. … Well, in Windows Server 2019, … we have something called an audit policy, … and this policy allows you to keep track … of different events that are taking place … in your environment. … So, let's take a look at it. … To do this, we have to connect to a domain controller. … So, here I have LH-DC-1. … Here, in the Server Manager, … I'm going to up to the Tools menu, … and then I'm going to drop down to Group Policy Management. … And the reason why is because we are going … to manage our audit policy through group policy. … So, if I expand my forest and my domains, … and landonhotel.local, I'm going to just use … the Default Domain Policy as an example. … You can use any policy, and you could create a new policy, … whatever you want to do, … but I'm going to right click on the Default Domain Policy … and select Edit. …
- Implementing the Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Protecting your servers from malware
- Common network threats
- Implementing IPsec
- Securing file services
- Delegating privileges
- Configuring account lockout policies
- Managing advanced audit policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019: Implementing Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 25m Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
1. Server Hardening
2. Secure the Network
3. Secure File Services
4. Manage Privileged Identities
5. Configure Advanced Audit Policies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.