- Send IPv4 address is really…not that difficult in Windows Server 2012.…The easiest way to do it is to…come over to the "Local Server",…and click that, and when the local server comes up,…it'll bring up the property sheet for the local server.…You can then come down to the…"Ethernet" option here, and click that,…and that will bring up your "Network Connections" page.…Once you bring up your networks connection page,…you'll want to go ahead and right click your adapter,…which in this case is "Ethernet",…and then go down to "Properties".…
This properties brings up your "Ethernet Properties" page,…and from there you can come down here to…"Internet Protocol Version 4",…click that, and click "Properties".…Now by default, when you first install Server 2012,…or any other version of Windows for that matter,…you'll automatically default to…"Obtain IP address automatically".…However, in this case, since we're using a server,…we'll want to assign an IP address statically,…or manually, because servers are not machines…you want to have changing their IP addresses.…
Need to configure simple services for your users, such as file sharing and printers? Check out Configuring Basic Microsoft Services.
- Differentiate between classful and classless Iv4 addresses.
- Describe the features of an IPv6 address.
- Define self-allocation assignment.
- Recall how to install a DHCP server.
- Explain how to install a DNS server.