Device registration in Azure AD is demonstrated in this video. Scott Burrell compares the benefits of using this approach to local workplace join options.
- [Instructor] Historically, most people…have expected their employers…to provide them with a work station…to perform their everyday tasks at work,…but increasingly, more and more people…want to be able to complete these same everyday tasks…from their own mobile devices.…These mobile devices could be a full-featured…but highly portable device like a Microsoft Surface,…and this is something that may be issued by the company,…but it could also be the employee's personal…Android or Apple smartphone.…
Because much of the data being accessed and manipulated…is proprietary in nature,…it may be important to vet these connections.…In addition to verifying a username and password…or via token, it may be important to limit access…to only known devices.…In my course on identity and access in Windows Server 2012,…I walk through the process of registering IOS devices…to a local active directory domain using AD FS,…and that process still works in Windows Server 2016,…but it is limited to IOS and Windows devices.…
The scope of that registration…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing and configuring ADFS
- Configuring multi-factor authentication
- Integrating Azure, Office 365, devices, and Microsoft Passport
- Implementing Web App Proxy (WAP)
- Installing and configuring AD Rights Management Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: File Serviceswith Ed Liberman1h 53m Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: High Availabilitywith Robert McMillen2h 22m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure Active Directory Federation Services
2. Configure Authentication Policies
3. Implement Web Application Proxy
4. Install and Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.