This video offers an additional method for installing roles and features on the virtual hard drive file of a virtual machine while the virtual machine is powered down. Learn two different ways to do this as you watch a demonstration in Server Manager in the Desktop Experience and also in PowerShell.
- [Teacher] In our last video, we added a role to a…running server, and I pointed out that you can use…the Server Manager to add a role to other servers.…There are basically two kinds of servers that you…might want to add to your list of servers to maintain:…running servers, dedicated or virtual,…and servers that are not even turned on.…Back in Chapter 1, I mentioned the server…tools that can be installed on a workstation.…For the rest of this demonstration, I'm going to change…over to a Windows 10 Professional workstation that is joined…to the same domain as this and all of the other servers.…
So here is my Windows 10 Professional workstation,…it is joined to the domain, and I've installed the…administrative tools that we talked about in Chapter 1.…You can get to them from the Control Panel,…under Administrative Tools, and if we scroll down…through the list, there's the Server Manager.…Now since we know we're going to be using this quite a bit,…I'm going to right-click on it and pin it to the taskbar…to make it easier to find in the future, so there's my icon.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing from a disk or image
- Using the Desktop Experience
- Installing Windows Server from a network
- Working with command-line IPv4 vs. IPv6
- NIC teaming
- Managing roles
- Adding features
- Managing storage
- Working with virtual hard disks and remote volumes
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Install
2. Configure Network Environment
3. Manage Roles and Features
4. Manage Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.