Learn how to add the Scale-Out File Server into Virtual Machine Manager. This allows you to use the storage for the gateway servers to share virtual machines.
- [Instructor] Let's move our scale out file server…into the storage file server's area…in Virtual Machine Manager.…In a previous video, we went ahead and added…a scale out file server and a scale out file share.…But now we need to move it into Virtual Machine Manager…so we can control it for our software defined network.…We're in the fabric in Virtual Machine Manager…and the file servers area.…Let's go ahead and right click…and choose to add storage devices.…Let's choose a Windows-based server and click next.…
Let's type the name of our server,…which is scale-out.widget.internal.…We'll choose our run as account as the administrator…and we'll click next.…We can see now that it's discovering…and importing the information.…It was successful in finding our storage,…let's go ahead and click next.…Let's choose the SOFileShare that it found and click next,…and finish.…
It's now going through the job of importing the information…and when it's done, we should be able to see it…in our Virtual Machine Manager.…Our storage device and our share has been added.…
Note: This course is the second of two that cover SDN in a Server 2016 network. This course maps to the SDN deployment objectives in Exam 70-745.
- Determining usage scenarios
- Virtual Machine Manager
- Downloading a service template for the HA gateway
- Copying and importing a script to a library
- Creating a Scale-Out File Server
- Creating a cluster
- Configuring deployment
- Navigating to the job status logs
- Accessing deployment log files