Walk through a high-level overview of Active Directory schema.
- [Instructor] In Windows Server 2019, there a number of…graphical tools that are available…to manage Active Directory Domain Services.…And where we see these tools typically is,…what we're looking at here is the Server Manager.…I happen to be on DC1, looking at the Server Manager,…and if I go up to the Tools menu,…well, I can see a number of these tools.…Well, believe it or not, there is one more tool…that we don't see on this list,…and that tool is called the Active Directory Schema.…
This tool is hidden, and it's hidden for a reason.…Before I get into the reason,…let me show you how to access the tool.…To access it, we need to open up a command line,…so I'm going to click on Start,…and I'm going to type in CMD,…and then that brings me to the Command Prompt,…so I'll click on that.…Here in the Command Prompt window,…I'm going to type in a command, regserver32,…and to be more specific, it's…R-E-G-S-V-R-32,…space, and then S-C-H-M-M-G-M-T.…
It's for schema management.…This is a DLL that has to be registered…in order to be able to access the tool.…
- Installing domain controllers, including the AD DS role
- Managing AD DS with AD Administrative Center and the command line
- Transferring and seizing FSMO roles
- Adjusting permissions
- Creating users and groups
- Managing computer accounts
- Creating organizational units (OUs)
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
What you should know1m 35s
1. Installing Domain Controllers
2. Active Directory Administration Tools
3. Flexible Single Master of Operations (FSMO)
4. Active Directory Permissions
5. Managing AD DS Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.