Active Directory is a key component of a secure Windows environment. Learn how to install and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Windows Server 2019.
- [Ed] Active Directory has been a major part of Windows Server operating systems since Windows 2000 Server and continues to be used today. To be a successful network administrator who manages a Microsoft network environment, it is crucial to have a solid understanding of identity management. How do you get that? Through Active Directory Domain Services, and that's exactly what we'll be learning about in this course. I'll start things off by showing you how to deploy ADDS, and then we'll go over some Active Directory administration, and finally, we'll wrap things up by talking about how to manage individual active directory objects.
So let me quickly introduce myself. I'm Ed Liberman. I'm a Microsoft certified trainer, and I have a question for you. Are you excited about Active Directory yet? Well, I know I am, so let's get started.
- Installing domain controllers, including the AD DS role
- Managing AD DS with AD Administrative Center and the command line
- Transferring and seizing FSMO roles
- Adjusting permissions
- Creating users and groups
- Managing computer accounts
- Creating organizational units (OUs)