Walk through a high-level overview of Active Directory Sites and Services.
- [Narrator] Another tool available for helping manage…Active Directory Domain Services…is called Active Directory Sites and Services.…So, here on DC-1 looking at the Server Manager,…we're going to go up to the tools menu.…I click on it.…You'll see the fourth choice down…we have Active Directory Sites and Services.…I'm going to go ahead and click on it.…Now this tool is, once again, an older tool,…falls in line with Active Directory Users and Computers,…has that same look about it.…This is where we would manage sites, subnets,…replication, network topologies, and things of that nature.…
All right, so for instance, you'll notice…that there's not a whole lot built into this.…You'll see that we have sites, right?…So, if I expand the sites container here,…this is where we would be able to see…the sites that we have.…Now a site is a representation of…a physical location…that you may have in your organization.…All right, so, that's how you can help manage replication…between locations where you might have…slower WAN connectivity and stuff like that.…
- Installing domain controllers, including the AD DS role
- Managing AD DS with AD Administrative Center and the command line
- Transferring and seizing FSMO roles
- Adjusting permissions
- Creating users and groups
- Managing computer accounts
- Creating organizational units (OUs)
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
What you should know1m 35s
1. Installing Domain Controllers
2. Active Directory Administration Tools
3. Flexible Single Master of Operations (FSMO)
4. Active Directory Permissions
5. Managing AD DS Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.