Account lockout policies help to keep user accounts secure by helping prevent hackers from being able to guess at user passwords. In this video, learn how to configure account lockout policies.
- [Instructor] Another way to keep … your user's accounts secure … besides password policies … is we have another type of policy … called the account lockout policy. … So here I'm already in the group policy management editor … for the default domain policy … 'cause just like with password policies, … account lockout policies … must be configured at the domain level. … All right? … So under computer configuration policies, … Windows settings, security settings, account policies. … Right under password policy, … we have account lockout policy. … When I click on that, you'll see that there are three … account lockout policies that can be configured. … The first one I'm going to show you, … actually is the middle one. … Okay, I want to start with that one. … And that's the account lockout threshold. … All right, you'll see that these are not set by default … so why don't we set them here. … The account lockout threshold, basically, … is how many consecutive wrong passwords … can be entered before an account gets locked out. …
- Implementing the Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Protecting your servers from malware
- Common network threats
- Implementing IPsec
- Securing file services
- Delegating privileges
- Configuring account lockout policies
- Managing advanced audit policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019: Implementing Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 25m Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
1. Server Hardening
2. Secure the Network
3. Secure File Services
4. Manage Privileged Identities
5. Configure Advanced Audit Policies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.