- Setting up the application
- Looking at the source code
- Gathering memory leak evidence
- Optimizing the application
Skill Level Intermediate
- Have you ever had a program that seems to compile fine and runs well until boom, it crashes? This unexpected crash could be due to a memory leak. Hi, I'm Thomas Pantels, and welcome to my course, Windows Performance Toolkit: Detecting Memory Leaks. While at Intel, I spent most of my time analyzing and optimizing applications. This included debugging and finding the root cause of unexpected crashes in Skype and Intel RealSense applications. In this course, we will learn how to perform memory leak analysis in order to make better use of system resources and not have these unexpected crashes.
A memory leak occurs when memory resource allocations are managed poorly by an application. And they can be tough to track down. We'll use the Windows Performance Toolkit to drill into an OpenCV application that has a memory leak. I'll walk you through the source code and how to fix the leak. Now let's get started.