Where to go next? Here you are shown additional resources regarding OpenCV. From opencv.org to buildwindows.com which is where tutorial videos and slide decks are provided to give more insight on WPA analysis with Heap, Pool and VirtualALloc usages. Also keep an eye out for more courses in the Windows Performance Toolkit series.
- [Thomas] So, we have fixed the memory leak issue with our…OpenCV Bitmap blending application.…Now, let me show you where you can find additional examples…on memory usage analysis.…Another tool that can be used to find out…if your application has memory leaks is the Intel Inspector.…This tool, which is included as part of the…Intel Systems Studio Suite,…not only tells you if there is a memory leak issue,…but provides you with the debugging capabilities…to pinpoint the root cause of the memory leak.…It's a very handy tool, if you can get your hands on it,…but, unlike the Windows Performance Toolkit, it is not free.…
It's available here, and there is the free trial version,…right there, so you can try it out,…but the full version will cost.…Intel also developed another tool called Vtune Amplifier.…Once again, this is not free,…but it provides detailed reports on memory usage,…reads and writes, and if there is a memory leak issue,…and it also has a free trial version,…so, you can try it out, but once again,…the full version does cost.…
- Setting up the application
- Looking at the source code
- Gathering memory leak evidence
- Optimizing the application