Now that you are more familiar with the Heap, Pool and VirtualAlloc profile uses and terms, you will be shown how to setup the Windows Performance Recorder UI. What the settings should be for Performance Scenario, logging mode, etc. You are then guided through the recording option selections and ensure that no other options are selected that do not need to be selected.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Now before you collect the trace,…you always want to make sure you rebuilt…the Visual Studio solution.…This is to ensure that you see the function names…in the Windows Performance Analyzer.…Let's go over to the Windows Performance Recorder UI…desktop shortcut and double-click it to open it up.…Click on the drop-down arrow next to More Option…to show more recording options.…Now let's make sure the Performance scenario…is set to General on the right,…the Detail level is Verbose,…and the Logging mode is set to Memory.…These are the settings we will keep…for the Windows Performance Recorder for the entire course.…
Now there are three section.…Click on the plus symbol to expand all three,…and let's make sure every box is unchecked…in all three sections.…So let's uncheck this First level triage.…Let's expand the Resource Analysis section,…and make sure all the boxes are unchecked.…And let's do the same thing for the Scenario Analysis.…Now let's select CPU usage, Heep usage,…Pool usage, and VirtualAlloc usage.…
- Setting up the application
- Looking at the source code
- Gathering memory leak evidence
- Optimizing the application