Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Selecting multiple files with checkboxes
- Launching and organizing windows
- Rearranging Taskbar and notification icons
- Creating and closing in a click
- Renaming multiple files at ones
- Creating libraries
- Opening .docx files without Word
- Creating a system repair disk
- Indexing file types for faster searches
- Creating a virtual hard drive
- Unlocking a frozen program
- Preventing data loss due to automatic updates
- Running older programs in Compatibility mode
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi and welcome to Windows 7 tips and tricks. I'm David Rivers. Working in the latest Windows environment means new and improved ways of taking control of your computer in terms of efficiency, security, and power. Follow along with me and you'll learn new and faster ways to perform everyday tasks, as well as some not so common ones. We'll begin with my top ten. A list of tips and shortcuts everyone should know about. And we'll explore ways to tweak your user interface to suit your individual needs. Then it's on to a list of keyboard and mouse shortcuts that can simplify your life and save you loads time when it comes to performing those common tasks in Windows 7.
You're gonna learn about tweaks to make your Windows 7 environment look the way you need it to. We'll investigate some cool tools and utilities you may not know about like the Problems Steps Recorder for tracking actions that lead to issues. And the AppLocker for child-proofing programs on your computer. Finally, you'll learn about some tweaks you can make to Windows 7 to improve overall performance. So, with so many tips, tweaks, and shortcuts to cover let's get started.