Explore WhatsApp, one of the most popular messaging apps in the world. Learn how to register a phone, add contacts, send messages, change settings on Android or iPhone, and more.
- Welcome to this course on WhatsApp, I'm Nick Brazzi. WhatsApp is a popular app for smartphones that offers a replacement to traditional text messaging systems. We'll start by explaining how WhatsApp works. The similarities and differences between WhatsApp and traditional text messages, and the advantage of using WhatsApp instead of SMS. We'll get WhatsApp set up and ready to use. Then I'll go through the typical uses of WhatsApp. Including, sending and receiving basic text messages, sending attachments like photos and audio recordings, and making voice calls in WhatsApp.
We'll take a walk through some essential settings. Then I'll finish the course by going through the process of migrating a WhatsApp account to a new phone, so you can keep your conversations going, even after upgrading to a new phone. WhatsApp works the same on Android phones and iPhones, but there are some places where the interface is different. So, we'll spend some time in both Android and iPhone, as we go through this course. So, I hope you're ready to get started with WhatsApp.
- Adding a person to your contacts
- Sending and receiving chat messages
- Managing group conversations
- Using WhatsApp on the web or a tablet
- Accessing settings on Android and iPhone
- Migrating your account to a different phone