Learn how to leverage Spring Boot—which takes an opinionated view of the Spring platform—to efficiently develop web applications.
- [Frank] Welcome to Learning Spring with Spring Boot. Spring is the premier framework for developing Java applications in the internet and enterprise space. My name is Frank Moley. I am a software and security architect. In this course we're going to leverage Spring Boot for rapid application development while learning the Spring framework at the same time. We're going to focus on an enterprise style web application. That application is going to be a reservation page for a hotel.
We are also going to learn some of the basic projects of Spring that can be leveraged by the developer to create a robust Java-based application. In doing so, I hope that you will come to understand why Spring is the best framework for writing Java applications today.
- Creating a project with Spring Initializr
- Examining the Spring Boot skeleton project with Spring Data JPA
- Creating an embedded database for Spring Boot development and testing
- Building a service abstraction
- Using the IoC paradigm in Spring to develop a service layer
- Building a controller
- Testing a controller MockMvc
- Exposing a service layer through REST