Textboxes can get a bit boring. Learn how to spice up your forms with some CSS.
- [Instructor] We've learned how to layout our forms … in different ways either as a p tag … or completely customized, but, there's no denying the fact … that our forms are kind of ugly. … They don't look that great, … but, we can use CSS to make them shine and look great. … So we're going to use something called Bootstrap. … It's a framework that allows your front-end code … on your website to really look good … without a whole lot of effort. … And in order to get this to work with our customized forms, … let's go ahead and move over into our Terminal. … There is a pip package that we have to install. … So let's do a Control + C to stop our server. … We're going to do a pip install, … and we want django-widget-tweaks. … So we'll go ahead and install this. … Looks great. … Let's go and run that server again … so that we can look at our site. … Then what we're going to do … is we're going to move to getbootstrap.com. … Great. … If you hit the Get started button here on the Home page, …
- Creating form fields
- Using submitted data
- Adding models
- Using the ModelForms class
- Working with widgets
- Accepting files and multiple forms on a page
- Customizing formsets
- Using local validation
- Delivering errors responsibly
- Customizing forms
- Styling with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Forms
2. Working with Advanced Form Features
3. Customizing and Styling Form Appearance
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.