SignalR connections have a lifetime. Explore those lifetime states, lifetime hooks, and how SignalR helps you manage the connection lifetimes.
- [Instructor] Let's talk a bit … about connections in SignalR. … We need to understand connections … so we can account for different scenarios, … such as where the server can be reached. … We'll start with a basic overview … of what a connection is and what it means. … When the user lands on your page and connects … to a signal or a hub on your server, … that's essentially a new connection being created. … On the server side, … SignalR keeps track of that new connection within the hub. … Once that new connection is created messages can then be … sent back and forth between the client and server. … A connection may reconnect any number of times … if there are connectivity issues. … And finally, when a connection is ended, … it is disconnected. … This is usually when the user leaves the page. … Let's look at how you can hook into … these events on the server side. … A hub can implement three different … handlers for connection lifetimes. … OnConnected is called when a new client connects to the hub. …
- What is SignalR?
- Scaling out an architecture using SignalR
- Adding a SignalR hub and client to an MVC app
- Authentication with SignalR
- How SignalR groups work
- Adding chat rooms with groups