Learn how you would scale out an architecture if you're using SignalR.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll be discussing … the potential problems and solutions of SignalR, … when it comes to scaling your application. … If you have a high number of users … and your application is served from many servers, … this is something you definitely need to be aware of. … When you're running your web applications, … having many users, it's common practice to scale out. … This means you deploy your application … on more than one server … and users access your website through a load balancer. … Meaning different users of your app … can be hitting different servers. … By default SignalR keeps track … of the users connected to your server … using an in-memory message bus. … This works perfectly fine for your local development … or in situations where you only have … one server serving your app. … But imagine a scenario in which … a real time chat application … is deployed on multiple servers. … Various clients are connected to hubs on different servers. … This will mean that a user is only …
- What is SignalR?
- Scaling out an architecture using SignalR
- Adding a SignalR hub and client to an MVC app
- Authentication with SignalR
- How SignalR groups work
- Adding chat rooms with groups