Import your loader component into your login form and then create a function that shows the loader based on the current state.
- [Instructor] So let's continue building on the loader…and making sure it renders in the login forms.…So the first thing I want to change is,…I don't know if you realized on the last video…I'm actually loading and importing ActivityIndicator…and I wanted to type ActivityIndicator…and for some reason I didn't type that,…so let's make sure we finish that…so we're loading the right things.…So let's close Loader because we don't…need it anymore for now.…So in our login we're going to create a few things.…
The first thing I want to do is add…another property to the state,…and it's going to be called loading…and we'll start it as false, like so.…Then our onButtonPress is good,…then we need to do a function,…and what this function will do is render…the loader or the login form based on what the state is.…So when we log in with Firebase,…if for some reason there's an error…or if it's still trying to log with Firebase…the loader will show and then we're logged in,…we're going to go to the next screen.…
So, I'm calling this function renderLoader…
- Initializing React Native projects
- Projecting a folder structure
- Installing material kit and vector icons
- Coding a login form and a loader
- Setting up Firebase email auth
- Using the React Native debugger
- Creating a list view, a detailed view, and a menu
- Setting up Redux
- Coding the scroll on detail view
- Adding clickable buttons
- Setting up Firebase for the back end
- Creating the new add person form
- Completing functions
Skill Level Intermediate
React Native: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich1h 59m Intermediate
React Native Ecosystem and Workflowwith Emmanuel Henri1h 3m Intermediate
1. Project Setup and Back End
2. Creating the Login
3. Redux and Main Views
4. CRUD Operations
5. Company View and Final Touches
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.