Build real-time web apps with SignalR 2. Learn how to add real-time functionality to an ASP.NET MVC application, secure it, and add groups.
- [Richard] Real-time communication on the web can get pretty complicated. From implementing protocols, to making sure you support all the browsers, to ensuring your server code is set up to handle connectivity issues, it can be pretty overwhelming. The good news is SignalR with ASP.NET MVC framework has you covered. SignalR takes care of all the tricky bits involved in web-based real-time communication. From the client to the server. Handling things like browser support, message delivery, disconnections, scaling, and security. Hi, I'm Richard Rout and in this class we'll be learning the basics of SignalR with ASP.NET MVC framework. We'll look at how to add SignalR to an app and then we'll build a real-time chat application with just a few lines of code. Let's get started.
- What is SignalR?
- Scaling out an architecture using SignalR
- Adding a SignalR hub and client to an MVC app
- Authentication with SignalR
- How SignalR groups work
- Adding chat rooms with groups